Re: [Question #99926]: gaps in graphs when viewing small time frames? Bug or User error?

chrismd proposed the following answer:
Interesting... the output of the whisper-fetch command shows that the
data is being stored in 1-minute intervals so maybe your intended
storage configuration was not in effect when the wsp file was created.
You can run whisper-info.py on the same wsp file to verify. Then again
it could just be that a lower precision archive covered the time range
you queried.

Basically the approach I would take in debugging this is as follows:

First log the output of your script for a period of time to see what data it is sending.
Then run whisper-fetch on the wsp file to see what data was being actually stored for that period of time (you should specify the time range explicitly). I would recommend doing this in as close to realtime as possible to ensure only the highest precision archive in the database is involved.

Your script looks like it should work, collecting data every half a
second, and sending everything every 5 seconds. Since your archive is
only configured with 2-second precision you will only be actually
storing 1/4th of your data points.