Re: [Question #81840]: search not working in webUI

Tamale posted a new comment:
chris, instead of needing to maintain a flat-file, would it be too hard
to add another method in the metrics section that instead of looking at
a specific depth, would simply search all depths for a key term?

I'm attempting to do this right now actually, with the intent to return
json objects at each level below what's matched, in other words, if you
have metrics like this:

foo.bar.1.count
foo.bar.1.countFailed
foo.bar.1.pctFailed
foo.bar.2.count
foo.bar.2.countFailed
foo.bar.2.pctFailed
foo.nop.count
foo.nop.countFailed
foo.nop.pctFailed

and you search 'bar', i want this returned:

foo.bar.1
foo.bar.2

I thought I was pretty close developing this myself but I'm getting hung
up on how to use the matches object..