[Question #108391]: Can Graphite act as a data bus to spool events?

Assuming I were to set the precision high enough -- and the initial retention interval long enough* -- is it possible for Graphite to act as an event spool so that I could persist every event off to another DB for permanent storage and analysis?

In other words, I'm working on a REST API to accept events from a distributed service of mine, but Graphite's analytic/presentation benefits would be a huge bonus instead. I don't know if this would be accomplished by pulling events from Whisper or querying Graphite with the Raw Data flag enabled.

* = Long enough to ensure that my other system has consumed and stored the events before Graphite begins to aggregate them at the lower evaluation interval.