[Question #108505]: Could someone clarify this federated storage question

Say I write some graphite data using netcat:

echo "com.sean.test2 1400 $(date +%s)" | nc graphite1  2003

Then I write some data to another carbon cache:

echo "com.sean.test2 1450 $(date +%s)" | nc graphite2  2003

The federated storage backend does not unify this data. It keeps the graphs separate. Is this the expected result? When I read about federated storage, it sounded like the data would be merged together when rendered.

Thanks,

Sean