[Question #113292]: Consolidation Functions for data rollup?

Hi,

I see in the whisper code that there is only the "average" consolidation function that is employed when rolling up data from one more granular section to another less granular one.  In the function propagate():

if knownPercent >= xff: #we have enough data to propagate a value!
    aggregateValue = float(sum(knownValues)) / float(len(knownValues)) #TODO another CF besides average?

This implies that you have at least considered other approaches, is this on the roadmap?  I ask because for some data (bandwidth utilization springs to mind) it might be more useful to keep, say, the maximum value over a time period rather than the average.

The ideal situation would be to allow us to define multiple rollup functions per database, if desired - so we could keep min, max and average for those data that it seems useful for.

Thanks,
Steve Keller