python-graphite is now in debian, trickling to current ubuntu dev release soon

Hi!

I'm pleased to report that I've finally finished packaging
python-graphite for debian, and it is now available in Sid. Soon this
package will be imported into Ubuntu "Maverick", and will be included
in the release of Ubuntu 10.10.
http://packages.debian.org/sid/python-whisper

I have started looking at packaging the carbon component, and it looks
like I will need to get python-txamqp packaged first. I believe all
the other dependencies are packaged already.
I have also started looking at packaging the graphite django webserver
component (probably will name this as python-django-graphite).

I know some folks have been working on making packages that
work/install on a debian/ubuntu server, but there is a bit more work
involved in getting a package that is up to the quality standards and
officially included in Debian (and trickles into Ubuntu). If anyone is
interested in collaborating on these debian packages, feel free to
ping me and I will gladly share the work with you (I time slice on
this in my evenings separately from my day job and am very slow).
--
Elliot Murphy | https://launchpad.net/~statik/