Re: [Question #135119]: backing up whisper files

Pete Emerson posted a new comment:
I'm seing the holes in the live data when curling:

http://myurl.com/render/?rawData=true&target=my.target.metric&from=-3minutes

I've written a Nagios plugin that creates the proper URL for the metric
I'm checking, curls it, and parses the data. If it gets None,None,None
... then it will alert. I could possibly widen this threshold to give
the check a wider window to find a metric.

Scheduling the backup for 10 to 15 minutes later doesn't make sense
because Nagios is always looking at NOW() minus three minutes. The issue
is less missing data in the backup (which I can tolerate) than falsely
tripping Nagios alerts.

I love the idea of slowing down the copy, I'll give that a go. If you
have any more suggestions, let me know, and thanks for all the info,
you've given me some good places to start. I'll let you know how it
goes.

Pete