Re: [Question #135119]: backing up whisper files

chrismd posted a new comment:
As a side note I just added support for gzipped whisper files in trunk a
few minutes ago. I'm using it for my own archived whisper files. They're
read-only of course, carbon cannot put new data in them. But if you
checkout the latest whisper.py and webapp/graphite/storage.py from trunk
you should be able to simply 'gzip *.wsp' (they need the extension
".wsp.gz"). Not sure if this helps you any but I just thought I'd
mention it.