Re: [Question #108505]: Could someone clarify this federated storage question

chrismd proposed the following answer:
It is almost done, I was supposed to finish that project 2 months ago
but it got postponed do to other priorities at work. I am just now
getting back on the track to implement it so, soon. It will not make the
next release (because I'm going to get that out before the new year) but
I fully expect it to be in the release after that which I'm really going
to try and make sooner than a whole year away :). Either way it will be
in trunk in the next month or two.

As for the relay-rules, yes there isn't really any documentation but
fortunately it is very simple. Here is an example file:

[app-metrics]
pattern = apps\..*
servers = server1, server2

[db-metrics]
pattern = db\..*
servers = server2

[everything-else]
default = true
servers = server1

With this configuration any apps.* metrics will be sent to carbon-cache on both server1 and server2, the db.* metrics will be sent only to server2, and all other metrics will be sent only to server1. You must have exactly one section with 'default = true' and any number of other sections. The non-default sections get evaluated in order and the first that matches a given metric is the one that applies to it.