[Question #147716]: Graphite isn't displaying the last 24 hrs though it claims

I've been seeing this "weird" behavior from graphite and I am unable to track down why it is.
By default, when you view a graph on graphite, it says at the top "Now showing the past 24 hours", but the x-axis seems to indicate only the last 30 min. This is by fault behavior, I didn't change any of the graph view settings.
I tried correcting it with "select a recent time range" and "select date range" to show the last 24 hours but it keeps on displaying the last 30 min only.

Has anyone seen this? I'm using everything default values for config.

Thanks!

-Shawn