[Question #152585]: graphite stopped logging after about a month

I believe this has to do with the storage-schema.conf setting.
I originally had retentions = 60:43200,900:672,3600:720
but just recently noticed that I wasn't getting any data into graphite.
Strange thing is that it'd log only to the last "folder" meaning, if the string was dev.pogoflash_dev_144.jetty.gauge-availability, it'd only populate to jetty, but not the gauge-availability on graphite.
i changed retentions to only have 60:43200 and restarted carbon and it's now working.
This is all with 0.9.7c.
Is this a known issue?
Thanks!