[Question #157213]: API Proposal

This is more of a request-for-discussion than anything else, but I'd like to propose a bit of a refactor to the Graphite/Carbon stack. What I'd like to propose is to decouple the data point calculations (such as fetching from storage, grammar parsing, etc) into a separate API, possibly using simpleapi.

I already have some (mostly just messing around) work done towards this, but I was wondering what everyone else thinks of the idea.