[Question #162367]: Is there a formula or method to "zero out" a metric at a specific timestamp?

Hi all,

I'm new to graphite and looking to use it to do some metrics tracking for some web services.  We typically count the number of times a particular call is made, and also the number of unique sessions using the service.  Both are incremental counters.  One metric we'd like is the ratio of calls to new sessions.  This is simple enough to do with the divide series function, but doesn't help us if we want to track the ratio for a specific timespan, say time A to B.  If there were a bunch of calls prior to time A, then since the metric is a total over all time that will affect the ratio between time A and B.  Ideally what I'd like is a way to offset the number of calls by the value of calls at time A.  I see an offset that takes a single value, but what I really need is "offset by myvalue@timeA".

Is that possible?  Or is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks
Ryan