[Question #165184]: Graphite rendering over many days

Hi guys,

I'm using Graphite in our QA chain.
We use it to get perf metrics for run between one to 8 hours and it works without any problems.

Our storage-schemas.conf is like this :

[everything_5sec_1week]
priority = 100
pattern = .*
retentions = 5:10080

I do a long run test, 48h and this morning I can't get data on Graphite UI backend more than 20:00 yesterday.

Digging in log I could see :

Tue Jun 07 16:31:41 2011 :: CarbonLink to ('127.0.0.1', 7002), exception while getting response
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/graphite/webapp/graphite/render/datalib.py", line 148, in receiveResponse
    packet = connection.recv(remaining)
timeout: timed out

Questions :

* Did graphite UI could render graphs for many days ?
* Did retentions = 5:10080 is valid in Graphite ?
* When we specify a one week retention backend, how did the storage adjust itself to keep only one week metrics ? In real-time or via some sort of crontab ?

Regards