Re: [Question #165194]: Writing Metrics to Graphite using Perl

Kevin Blackham proposed the following answer:
Do you want a really complicated example?  I have a collector that
gathers metrics from our applications and stores them in a complex hash
structure of variable depth. Given this structure, it then stringifies
it into something graphite can ingest (with epoch time based on the
second the application responded).  Works well.  In effect, it takes
hashes of hashes of hashes of... hashes... ad infinitum and produces
dotted notation and feeds it to graphite via IO::Socket::INET.