Re: [Question #166527]: How do I fully use the computing power available to me?

Steve Thompson posted a new comment:
Chris,

Thanks for the response.

- I didn't know about the GIL - learning now
- I have tried tweaking the WSGI settings but admittedly in the same way that a two year old tweaks a mains socket with a screwdriver

As far as I can tell getting data in is running smoothly but we don't
currently collect anything faster than 10 seconds. It's like I said to
Nick - my question is am I going as fast as possible not can I go
faster. I have found that I can make Graphite struggle by applying
calculations to unrelated datasets - for example
integral(average(temperature in server room, users logged on to Oracle,
Disk Space)) makes it think but I only discovered that when I was
testing - it's not something I'd actually like to know.

But what I did notice and what made me ask this question is that
render?something&rawData=true  seems to take the same amount of time as
going through the GUI for quite a few tests making me think that there's
some underlying process not running at an optimal speed but I think the
GIL is going to explain all that to me.

Since I've got your attention, just wanted to say thanks - it's a
fantastic tool.