[Question #166935]: Retrieve data with a different step

Hello,

Is there any way to retrieve data with a different step than the one configured at storage-schemas. conf?

For example, I have a few metrics with a retention period of one month with a 60 seconds step. I'm not using graphite to render my graphs, just to get the rawData. If i call graphite and retrieve a whole day of data, i'll get 1440 datapoints.

I'll be easier if I can change the step and tell it to aggregate the data and maybe change the step to 15 minutes or something like that.

But I do not want to change the wps resolution, I'd like to choose wich step to use.

If I call /render/?target=my.metric&from=00%3A00_20110803&until=23%3A59_20110803&rawData=true

I get
my.metric,1312322460,1312408800,60|lots of datapoints

If i only had an option like &step=300 or a function to do that.