[Question #168332]: Logs not matching graphs

We have a metric that we increment every time a user performs a certain action on our website, but the graphs don't seem to be accurate.

So going off this hunch, we invested the updates.log of carbon and discovered that the action had happened over 4 thousand times today(using grep and wc), but according the Integral result of the graph it returned only 220ish.

What would be the cause of this?

We are using:

graphite 0.9.6 with statsD (etsy)