[Question #169504]: Federated Storage Backend

I am curious if the latest version of graphite allows for federated storage on the backend.  Specifically, I would like to know if the same metric could reside on various backend servers yet still pull the needed data from all severs to plot the graph.

Currently the same metric needs to be sent to the same server to properly/consistently display an accurate graph.  Federated Storage would allow us to load balance more easily using a network appliance that directs data to various backend servers.  Our graphite install is from late January 2011.  Please advise, thanks.