[Question #170527]: carbon-cache.py grinds to a halt

I'm submitting old data into graphite. There is five data points collected each five minutes. We have a text based archive of the data which I'm parsing and sending to the carbon-cache daemon. It starts a-ok but when I've submitted a two years worth of data the daemon grind to a halt, eating up 75% of the memory of the box (messured in top) with only 2% of the CPU activity. It's a bog standard settings of carbon-cache nothing changed.. and it's the lates release i.e.  graphite-web-0.9.8

Cheers