Re: [Question #170630]: Graphite frontend very slow with 5 machines

Pulu Anau posted a new comment:
I was a bit confused on this item as well.  I've done a bit of load
testing with multiple servers (also 5), and it appears that you don't
need to specify both the cluster and the carbonlink hosts.  In my case I
did as you did for CLUSTER_SERVERS but left the CARBONLINK_HOSTS at
127.0.0.1:7002 only for all of the members and it appeared that the
results were fine.   However I was doing load testing (random data in
random metrics) so it "looked" okay but I didn't do a full audit (do a
csv query and compare the data points against what should be there).

If I remember right by looking at the code this appeared to be the way
it should be, otherwise a query on server 1 would fan out on the web
interface to the other 4, and then all 5 of them would each hit all 5 of
them on the carbon port... End result would be multiple queries against
the carbon side...

Not 100% though so this is "just a comment".