Re: [Question #170699]: carbon-cache.py not stopping

Cody Stevens is still having a problem:

MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = 1000

I considered that it may be flushing stuff to disk before exiting and
that a straight kill would probably cause a loss of some metrics.  I
found this because I have it in our /etc/init.d files with a restart
which works fine in dev where we don't have the multitude of metrics.
It would be nice if the stop script would wait for the process to die
before exiting and removing the PID file, even if it had a timeout that
could exit with a non-zero status if a kill was not confirmed.