Re: [Question #170794]: carbon-cache.py at its limit?

chrismd proposed the following answer:
No I think 'inf' is another poor default value. Using 'inf' is useful
when you want to test your system to see at what point the cache size is
"too big". There really isn't any value in using 'inf' long term because
the effect is that whenever your cache grows too large you lose a lot
more datapoints than you would if it were bounded. I would suggest
looking at your carbon.agents.* graphs to see if committedPoints dropped
drammatiically once cache.size reached a particular value during this
past issue. If so, set MAX_CACHE_SIZE a good 10-20% lower than that.