[Question #172335]: No line graphs

I just installed 0.9.8. Wrote a couple of scripts to send data to both carbon and statsd and everything looks good. The whole process was relatively painless. Sending data to it is easy-peasy and the web interface looks great

The problem I'm having is that I don't get line graphs. It's as though drawAsInfinite is on by default -- I only get straight lines --  and it's making me feel like an idiot because I just don't see what the answer is. What have I do wrong?