Re: [Question #172502]: SELECT COUNT(*) functionality

Nicholas Leskiw proposed the following answer:
There are integral, nonNegativeDerivative and summarize functions.

integral adds all previous data points to the value.

so if the my.metric.data is 5,6,7,5,4,2,1,1,1,4,5
integral(my.metric.data) would graph
5,11,18,23,27,29,30,31,32,36,41

derivative(my.metric.data) is the opposite, turns
5,11,18,23,27,29,30,31,32,36,41
back into
5,6,7,5,4,2,1,1,1,4,5

summarize(metric,timePeriod) groups the datapoints into buckets.

for example, 5,6,7,5,4,2,1,1,1,4,5 (assuming each was 1 minute / datapoint)
summarize(my.metric.data,"2min")
would graph
11,12,6,2,5,5

Hope this helps.