Re: [Question #173341]: carbon keeps creating empty whisper files

Nicholas Leskiw requested more information:
Please do the following:

mkdir bzr
cd bzr
bzr co lp:graphite
cd graphite/whisper
sudo python ./setup.py install --force
cd ../carbon
python ./setup.py install --force  # sudo this and the next line if the files were installed as root.
cd ../
python ./setup.py install --force
cd /opt/graphite/webapp/graphite
python ./manage.py syncdb

I don't know anything about pip, so I don't know what version of
Graphite it installs.  This will get trunk installed for sure, and the
--force option is usually necessary.

Lastly, we have a new wiki:  http://graphite.readthedocs.org/
I've updated the Wiki link on our Launchpad homepage to reflect this.  The wikidot site is out-of-date.