[Question #173457]: Intermittently broken aggregation

I've got two boxes with an aggregator and relay each. Services push to one of the two boxes, and then get forwarded to several storage boxes running carbon-cache. The other day I started to see graphs like this:

https://skitch.com/kevinclark/f62n7/overloaded-aggregation

And it turned out the aggregation machine was being overwhelmed. I took some load off and made it a larger instance, and things mostly resolved, but now one of three aggregation stats is still unhappy:

https://skitch.com/kevinclark/f6a9h/aggregation

It's on the same box, and there's no indication in the logs that it can't keep up. Any ideas?