Re: [Question #176084]: Metric creation has slowed to a crawl

Nicholas Leskiw proposed the following answer:
Does everything have the same retention rate? If not, your server may be
working on creating larger files with longer/more granular retention
rates.  Also, as new files are created, you're now populating those 50k
metrics with updates as well as creating new metrics.

What do you see in the carbon stats in Graphite for those instances?

-Nick

Sent from a mobile device.
Please excuse terse language and spelling mistakes.