Re: [Question #176141]: Upgrade 0.9.8 to 0.9.9

chrismd posted a new comment:
Yes the whisper format has not changed, and in fact it will never change
because it is being replaced by the new ceres database in future
versions (whisper support while continue to exist indefinitely as we're
adding support for arbitrary database backends).

But back to your question about upgrading, if you have a large (and
hence probably important) installation I would suggest testing first
just as a good practice. There *should* be no issues, but when you're
dealing with a large/important user base all changes should be tested
first.

Regarding changing the aggregation method, you can manage this per-
metric with the whisper-set-aggregation.py script as Aman mentioned and
in fact I would suggest just doing that for now (there is a storage-
aggregation.conf file you could setup but its going away) because there
are API changes coming for how this gets managed, but the whisper-set-
aggregation.py script will always work for whisper files.