[Question #177446]: Read only dashboard instance?

I'm interested in deploying a public dashboard instance based around viewing saved dashboards, and possibly creating ad-hoc ones,  but without the ability to save or or delete anything.  Has anyone done this?  I was thinking about about just adding @login_required where appropriate and creating a stripped down view intended for anonymous users but was wondering if there's a better way, or if similar functionality is already in development.