Re: [Question #177442]: Resource for understanding source

chrismd posted a new comment:
Yes you would just subclass the database plugin class like the whisper
and ceres implementations do. The mechanics around users registering
their own plugins separate from the codebase still needs a little work
but not too much, defining the subclass registers it automatically, we
just need to tell carbon how/where to look for user-defined plugins so
it can load them on startup. The only hold-up there is that we want the
webapp use the same plugins and I am still working integrating the
webapp's refactored storage API from the 1.1 branch into the megacarbon
branch. Once thats done it should be fairly straight forward.