[Question #178316]: How will relay behave if the storage server(s) become unavailable?

We're looking at scaling up our Graphite installation to use multiple storage servers with a cache-relay in front. However, each end is on a different providers network. How will relay behave if the connection falls over between each site? Will it slowly (I hope) run out of memory as metrics or cached, or will it periodically store data to disk and resume the stream when the connection is re-established?

Thanks,
Jason