[Question #181776]: Graph showing as dots instead of lines

I am new to Graphite and am trying to understand what I am doing wrong. This is my schema file:

[stats]
priority = 110
pattern = .*
retentions = 60:43200,900:350400

I run a simple script that sends a single value each minute like so:

echo "system.`hostname`.loadavg.1min $CPULOAD `date +%s`" | nc someip 2003

My question is why I am getting only dots instead of a line, if the script runs each minute and the retention is 60 seconds ?