[Question #182164]: Graphite not graphing statsd requests

My setup:

Ubuntu 11.04, Nginx (1.010) w/ uwsgi, nodejs (0.6.2), graphite/whisper/carbon 0.9.9

I can run the example_client.py and get results graphed in the graphite dashboard. I installed statsd and begin a tcpdump on port 8125 to watch requests coming in. I start my app which sends requests to port 8125 and see the requests coming in. I go to check the graphite dashboard, however I do not see any new folders created and no metrics being added.

Has anyone run into anything similar to this? Is there anything that I can check to see what might be happening to get more insight.