[Question #182603]: Bulk loading of existing data

I have a huge amount of existing data to load into Graphite.   I've found that unless I have a .5 second pause between every 30 or so records I insert that records get dropped, and the whisper files don't get created for the data being added.

Is there any log that will actually show that this data is being dropped, as I don't see anything specifically in the logs.   Could it be that I'm pushing too much data to the socket and it's getting dropped?

Is there a better way for me to bulk load besides pushing it through carbon?

I've got about 2 billion rows to add initially, after that about 200 data points will be added every 2 minutes.