[Question #183313]: Quick install notes for RedHat

I now have graphite working on both a RHEL6.2 system as well as Fedora 14.
The rhel one involved a lot of trial and error whereas the fedora install was following my rhel notes and I did it from end-to-end on a brand new fedora install.  Anyhow, here's what I did which may provide some guidance for others.  Please note I did the bare-bone basics to get this going and suspect additional tuning will be required before taking into a production environment:

install
- carbon
- django
- Django
- whisper
- graphite-web
- zope
- Twisted
  - needs python-devel
- yum install mod_wsgi

CONFIGURE
- in /opt/graphite/conf
  - copy example files: carbon.conf, graphite.wsgi, storage-schemas.conf
    - remove 'example' from names, keep defaults
- in /etc/httpd/conf.d
  - copy in /tmp/graphite-web-0.9.9/examples/example-graphite-vhost.conf
  - change 2 lines:
    - WSGISocketPrefix run/wsgi
    - Alias /media/ "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/media/"
- disable selinux/iptables
- in /opt/graphite/webapp/graphite
  - python manage.py syncdb

START
- /etc/init.d/httpd start
- /opt/graphite/bin/carbon-cache.py start

-mark