Re: [Question #183898]: Looking for testers of new collectl interface to graphite

Description changed to:
For those not familiar with collectl you can read more about it here -
http://collectl.sourceforge.net - but the short description is it's a
very lightweight data collection utility that collects just about
everything you'd ever want to see. Given its root in HPC monitoring, I
believe it's one of the few utilities that can also collect data on
InfiniBand, Lustre and even NUMA memory.  It's currently running on a
number of multi-K node clusters.

One of the big wins with a tool like graphite is you can instruct
collectl to log everything it collects locally (hundreds of data points)
every 10 seconds and send a subset of that data to graphite if you want
to keep the traffic down.  You can even send data at a  different
monitoring interval to graphite.

I've written up more about it at
http://collectl.sourceforge.net/Graphite.html, which is currently not
linked to.

My plan is to release this in the next version of collectl, which will
probably come out in a month or so, but I'd feel a lot better about it
if some serious graphite users could take it for a test drive and tell
me what they think.  It will also give me an opportunity to incorporate
any enhancements or bug fixes people might identify.  Just shoot me an
email OR reply to this posting if you're interested.

It's literally a matter of installing collectl from a tarball or rpm and
running it - no configuration/setup required.

-mark