[Question #184180]: Make carbon store data in more than one format

Hello everyone,

We are using graphite for a month now and we love it, we submit data into carbon using perl scripts, logster & statsd.

Today our problem is that we would like to create dynamic graphs based on data we already have on carbon.

For example, we collect data for many hundred types of "A", "B" and "C" types of data,  everything works great, but know we woud like to query those records and create reports from it, build graphics for top 20, etc, etc.

So... as we already have our applications which run on different tiers all submitting data to carbon through different means (perl, logster, statsd), our first idea is to get carbon to not only store into whisper but also into mysql so applications can do complex queries on the data carbon receives without having to add an extra load to our universe of applications sending metrics.

Does anyone have done something like this? There is a better approach ?
I bet someone already hit this wall with graphite,

Thank you !

Guzmán