[Question #186650]: Convert discrete events to a rate

Most of the metrics I am logging to graphite are already rates, or represent absolute values and work great.

However, for some events I want to be able to simply log and event and have them accumulate in the appropriate time based bucket - ie. new metrics arriving within the same time interval add to the total value for that bucket.

Can graphite do this out of the box?