[Question #188956]: Troubleshooting LDAP authentication

I have setup graphite web 0.9.9 and I'm trying to get LDAP authentication to work against 389 Directory Server (http://directory.fedoraproject.org/). I have configured local_settings.py with:

* USE_LDAP_AUTH
* LDAP_URI
* LDAP_SEARCH_BASE
* LDAP_BASE_USER
* LDAP_BASE_PASS
* LDAP_USER_QUERY

But I still get "Authentication attempt failed" every time I try to log in. Looking at the logs on the LDAP server, it doesn't look like graphite-web is connecting to the LDAP server at all. Unfortunately, I don't see anything useful in the logs on the graphite server - I only see "access.log" and "info.log". "error.log" and "exception.log" are empty.

What can I do to further troubleshoot this?