[Question #192340]: how to use for newbs

i just found this as nice reporting graph-tool,

i have a software and hardware (LTI-System and some other) they produce a lot of data, it would help me a lot to see the differences
but i am not used to all this technology, i am used with vhdl, java, c, sql and some other stuff

so may be you could help me to insert my data into graphite:

graphite server is running on a machine on network
my hardware should send data to graphite-server through network

i can't put those ends together :D

now: my graphite server is running
but i can't get to advances interface by using :8080 port like its said in documentation
i found mygraphiteserver/cli which accepting some commands
i am reading the "example-graphite-vhost.conf" but this language is different from those i know, i guess its creates wsgi files, which are collecting results
"exaple-client.py" creates data out of time

if there is a good example, i´d love to read it

thanks for your time