[Question #192535]: Recent data "fades" in and out

We are seeing an issue where data "fades" in and out between subsequent queries.

As an example, if I were to ask for the load average of a machine, the first time it might not give me the results for the last 13 minutes. If i run the same query again several times, it might give me the full results maybe 20% of the time.

This is causing significant issues for metrics that rely on recent data for alerting purposes as graphite will produce "None"s as results more often then the values it actually has.

This seems to specifically affect recent data, so I assume its an issue contacting the cache, but I am unsure what to do about it. Is there a maximum number of cache requests that can be served per second, or would something else cause this?