[Question #193247]: Draw points on a graph with lineMode=connected

I am trying to put together some graphs that will display timeseries data, but will 'highlight' certain points that exhibit some characteristic (e.g. over a threshold). Currently I am accomplishing this by sending the timeseries as one metric, and sending the interesting datapoints as a seperate metric. I am hoping to draw the second metric as large dots overlaid on top of the first metric.

Has anyone done anything like this? My thought was that I would need to write a new function to do this, but I'm not 100% sure where I would get started doing this.