Re: [Question #191807]: what about using mmap?

Nicholas Leskiw changed the question status:
I'm no C programmer, but most usage cases involve updating every single
whisper file about once a minute.  I currently have over 40GB of data in
my graphite directory. Some people have much more, on the order of
terabytes. Do you think that I'd be able to map all those files to
virtual memory, and would doing so add a speedup?

Does the kernel write buffer mitigate this already, eliminating a real
seek, and simply sticking the write instruction into a buffered queue?