[Question #194705]: Unable to start HTTPD. Getting: (13)Permission denied: httpd: could not open error log file /opt/graphite/storage/log/webapp/error.log.

I'm running Fedora 16.

Installed Graphite 0.9.9.
Check-dependencies.py --> indicates "All necessary and optional dependencies are met"

Copied examples-graphite-vhost.conf to /etc/httd/conf.d/vhost.conf
Changed two lines:
WSGISocketPrefix run/wsgi
Alias /media/ "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/admin/media/"

Unfortunately, when I tried starting HTTPD, it gives error:
"Getting: (13)Permission denied: httpd: could not open error log file /opt/graphite/storage/log/webapp/error.log"

I even 'chmod -R 777 opt/" but no joy. I also changed httpd.conf user/group to 'root' just for testing purposes, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Kent