Re: [Question #194536]: Graphite 0.9.10

Michael Leinartas proposed the following answer:
We don't have any blockers left at this point (that I know of..), We're
mainly trying to get things cleaned up as much as possible to be
comfortable with those who will choose to stay on 0.9.10 for a while.
The megacarbon changes that will be introduced after 0.9.10 include some
breaking changes in the way carbon is configured and I suspect there
will be many people who hold off upgrading for a while because of it.

A few good fixes have been merged into the webapp recently, but at this
point there wont be any major effort put into it. Events... are still
experimental (though I'm not sure if they're marked as such). There was
a fix just added to fix the display of Events in the admin interface but
other than that it wont get any work before the release.

This release we've been mainly concentrating on fixing bugs (many of
which were long-standing) and making sure contributions were looked at
and merged. Improvements to documentation will hopefully be done before
or just after the release - they are certainly quite incomplete at the
moment.

Megacarbon should be merged soon after this release and the good news is
that it will include the Ceres code from the (now defunct) 1.1 branch.
Once it's merge, trunk will be considered experimental for some time but
should always remain usable as it will certainly be in use in production
environments by at least a few of us.

I've been happy to see that Shinken has been making good progress and
it's great that Graphite support is being added directly.

Thanks for your interest in the project