[Question #197125]: Is it possible to alter the Legend titles ?

Is it possible to change the title of the graph lines in the legend?

For example: https://img.skitch.com/20120514-cfyeaa46nqdykx1e9xtrb7b8hp.png
I used the following render call to generate the above graph: render?from=-1d&target=stats.gauges.ops.instance_counts.st.us-east-1.*&width=650&height=300

You can see my legend titles are quite lengthy due to the the fact they are in a bucket that is a number of folders deep.
So rather then have:
stats.gauges.ops.instance_counts.st.us-east-1.Total
stats.gauges.ops.instance_counts.st.us-east-1.m1_large
stats.gauges.ops.instance_counts.st.us-east-1.c1_medium
stats.gauges.ops.instance_counts.st.us-east-1.m1_small

I would prefer if I could change the their titles respectively to:
Total
m1_large
c1_medium
m1_small