[Question #197571]: How to delete a single Whisper entry?

How can I delete a single Whisper record so that the particular metric for a particular time interval is as-if it was never entered, like it would be if the Whisper database had just been created.

While I cannot find a "delete record" function in Graphite or Carbon, one thought was to use Carbon's text socket interface to set the value to a null value.

I've tried using the Carbon text interface to set a record's value to "null", "None", and "NaN", but the record's numeric value persists.