Re: [Question #197624]: Cannot create DB in MySQL

Steve Keller confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks Michael, that worked.  However - there are still other issues.

First, and I will file a bug for this, I do not believe that it is wise
for pip to install pre-releases.  Here is what I just found (on my dev
server):

[root@esmdev01 ~]# pip install graphite-web
Downloading/unpacking graphite-web
  Downloading graphite-web-0.9.10-pre2.tar.gz (2.1Mb): 2.1Mb downloaded

The pypi.python.org site lists 0.9.9 as the current version.

Second, I found this bug after installing the database and attempting to
look at the admin pages (I will file this as well...)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/urlresolvers.py", line 167, in _get_callback
    raise ViewDoesNotExist("Could not import %s. Error was: %s" % (mod_name, str(e)))
ViewDoesNotExist: Could not import graphite.events.views. Error was: No module named simplejson