[Question #198463]: Whisper retention rates for new data points different than storage-schemas.conf

So, I'm using Graphite with Etsy's StatsD to store web analytics and have run into problems when trying to add new data points. My storage-schemas.conf file is:

[stats]
priority = 110
pattern = .*
retentions = 10:15552000,60:10080,600:262974

But when I start pushing a new key to carbon, the whisper-info.py for that .wsp database shows that the retention rate is this:

maxRetention: 604800
xFilesFactor: 0.5
aggregationMethod: average
fileSize: 120988

Archive 0
retention: 604800
secondsPerPoint: 60
points: 10080
size: 120960
offset: 28

Is there something obvious that I need to do to make whisper obey the storage-schemas.py file?

Thanks a lot,

Jesse